Draft survey is not an exact science as the attending surveyor must take into account a number of factors. Those may include but are not limited to the vessel condition, availability of draft marks, vessel particulars, ability to accurately sound tanks (ballast and consumables) and the prevailing weather/sea conditions.
- Reading draft marks, inital and final
- Calculation for displacement
- Initial and final ballast tank inspection
- Checking for hydrostatic tables and sounding tables
- Checking accuracy of constant figures